[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Web Store Hosting - VSTORE.ca User Community Support Forum • View topic - New Store startup

New Store startup

Join our marketing group to participate in discussions regarding marketing your website and merchandise. We'll offer tips and tricks which can help you become more successful in your online business. You've got to be a member of our forum to view this section.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: New Store startup

Postby brewstec » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:34 am

If you haven't heard of google voice you should check it out for use as a business number and its free some people like to see they can call you. At least they don't see your home phone number.
brewstec

Postby wartimethings » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:49 am

Yep. It keeps your email from becoming bogged down with direct emails and is a way to fight spammers. That's what I like about Google Gmail. It pretty much sorts through your mail and puts the spam where it needs to be. In the spam folder. Mercy. I don't want to do this today. Didn't get much sleep last night. Wouldn't mind laying back down for a while. Can't do that because I have to operate the store.
wartimethings
VSTORE.ca Staff Member

Postby brewstec » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:55 am

Sure thing Dan take the day off its on me you deserve it.Do you have other employees or someone other than the Mrs. you can watch the shop for a bit so you can get a little rest.

Chris
brewstec

Postby wartimethings » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:55 am

Actually on Fridays, my wife takes care of the office while I'm in the shop. I really love doing it so the main thing is to keep myself busy so that I don't feel the tiredness. After I get the internet run through the flea market to my office out there, I should be available all of the time then. Oops. Got to run. Time to open the market.
wartimethings
VSTORE.ca Staff Member

Postby richard5 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:02 am

ok that sounds like a good idea, I am set up with GMail as well so I might as well as try all the features that I can other then Checkout, will be adding that later when I convert my site to a premium site. DANG it though, had a couple of sales and did not even know, I was off the internet until just recently, saw quite a few emails at GMail concerning them. OH well, its a good thing that I did not know, the supplier was no longer available.
richard5

Postby brewstec » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:46 am

As another free payment gateway PAYMATE is also available with vstore they get a percentage just like paypal.Don't forget to advertise that paypal now owns bill me now pay later that may help who knows.
brewstec

Postby richard5 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:38 pm

Saw Paymate but never heard of them so I went to PayPal which I have heard of, did not know about PayPal's Bill now pay later feature but I may not try that, scam artists can use that and then decide later not to pay the bill which would leave me holding the bag. :cry:
richard5

Postby brewstec » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:53 pm

If they use paypal chances are they already know about pay later Paypal bought that company and they have the option on how to pay once they get to paypal.I was just mentioning it because if someone isn't familiar it may be a chance to get the sale without customers laying out the cash right away and you still get paid.But again just a suggestion.
brewstec

Postby richard5 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:03 pm

NP, anyway if you think about it, they are doing the same thing when they use a credit card, lol :lol:
richard5

Postby wartimethings » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:57 pm

We don't even want to get into the credit card chargebacks. With a credit card company, it's almost as though your rules and regs don't matter. They can do pretty much as they please and paypal lets them. But paypal is one of the easiest payment processors out there. And the easiest to get set up. But mercy.... they are just like ebay where the bottom line is in dollars and cents.
wartimethings
VSTORE.ca Staff Member

Previous

Return to Marketing Group