[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Web Store Hosting - VSTORE.ca User Community Support Forum • View topic - how often should i submit to the search engines etc

how often should i submit to the search engines etc

Questions and answers on effective store promotion techniques including advertising, logo design, etc..

Moderator: Moderators

how often should i submit to the search engines etc

Postby ineverknew » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:30 am

Hi

Was just wandering as my site is updated on a daily basis with new products being added on a weekly basis how often should i submit to the search engines and how often should i update and notify google that my sitemap has been updated as i do not want to penalise my ratings by submitting to often?

I submit to product search daily - is it ok to do this or does this penalise my ratings as well?

Thanks in advance
I Never Knew I Wanted That

Board Moderator and Vstore Helper

http://www.ineverknewiwantedthat.co.uk
The Website for that perfect gift idea.
ineverknew
VSTORE.ca Helper

Re: how often should i submit to the search engines etc

Postby wartimethings » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:31 pm

Submitting to standard around the world search engines, I would suggest at least once every two weeks. Of course, you know that this wouldn't be feasible for Google with the Google Base feed. I would suggest keeping that at once per 30 days but all the rest which can be mass submitted to the every two weeks. Possibly every week if you are really putting out a tremendous number of products in a week's time.
wartimethings
VSTORE.ca Staff Member

Return to Store Promotion