[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Web Store Hosting - VSTORE.ca User Community Support Forum • View topic - Website Feedback

Website Feedback

Learn how to draw traffic to your site and make your website user friendly by optimizing the tools you have available.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Website Feedback

Postby StairwayOfLife » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:26 pm

Oh goodness Dan, I hope you are OK. I have 3 ecommenrce sites besides my forum and directory and it is such hard work. My 2 new sites are doing really well though. Would value your opinion sometime but they are not vstores.
Yasmin x

Stairway Of Life
Therapy&Beauty
StairwayOfLife

Postby brewstec » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:48 pm

Hi all I've been following this post back since it started with vault started asking her questions.I have been trying to get a really good site together and still working on the right fit.Everytime I take on a project I learn more and more and get better and better but I must say the patience is wearing thin a bit and the cost involved in getting and keeping everything together is getting to be much but if you start a site up I am with the understanding it could be two or three years before you really start seeing results.So onward we go step by step.

Sorry to hear about your health Dan feel better.

Chris
brewstec

Postby wartimethings » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:50 pm

You know me Yasmin. Who you host with doesn't concern me. I would like everyone to go with VSTORE but I know some of the things which some merchants require can't be achieved through our admin at the moment. That's why we are working hard to become competitive. :D So I wouldn't mind giving an opinion on those others. Then I want to pick your brain to see what it was that attracted you to the host company and software. Maybe even do a comparison with VSTORE and the other company. But I think I'll be ok. Not very soon but in the near future, I think I'll be going in for back surgery. That will put me offline for quite a bit I'm sure. But all someone has to do is put a computer in front of me and off I'll go.
wartimethings
VSTORE.ca Staff Member

Postby wartimethings » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:51 pm

Hey Chris,

If anyone knows the ups and downs of business, it's you my friend. You have been working hard on your sites forever and a day it seems. I hope it is showing some good results.

And thank you sincerely for the well wishes my friend. I'll be good to go one of these days.
wartimethings
VSTORE.ca Staff Member

Postby StairwayOfLife » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:53 pm

Thank you Dan. My newest website is Nature's Harvest.... www.natures-harvest.co.uk

I have owned the domain for nearly 10 years but have recently moved it to this new site. See what you think.

It is 2 years since I broke my back and I am still in a lot of pain and I don't think it will ever improve. Is yours a disc problem?
Yasmin x

Stairway Of Life
Therapy&Beauty
StairwayOfLife

Postby brewstec » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:01 pm

Hey Dan Although I think I keep improving on what I've done before the results are pretty minimal but I think I keep doing to relieve the stress of the the other BS things. If I was more of a marketer it might be different or even find a better niche but I happen to like the things I get involved in plus there are a few licensing issues I would have to get around to get better prices and do more advertising but thats the life of over 90% of small biz website owners. Hope all goes well if surgery happens I know thats no fun.

Chris

Interesting video to watch that I received.
http://untamedsuccess.advantage.tv/
brewstec

Postby wartimethings » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:05 pm

To be honest I don't know. When I first started with my current doctor, he said something about degenerative discs and a bulge on my spine pressing against the nerves leading to my legs. Also said I have spurs on my spine. But on the letter of diagnosis, it reads different. Used a whole bunch of the big words which made it sound entirely different. I just got to where I nod and smile at him and act like I understand what he's saying. Today he asked me if he had ever given me the lecture on habitual drugs (pain pills and the like). I told him no and that I'd like to hear it. Well, he went into all this stuff that definitely wasn't me so I just started zoning. Thankfully my wife goes with me to the doctor so she can catch the important stuff. That way, I can let my mind become an empty attic with all of the windows thrown open.

I do know that I've thrown my back out three times. Once was when I was a soft drink salesman. I mishandled a case of 2 liters. The second was when I was a manager at UPS. I was trying to dislodge a truly heavy package on the conveyor belt. The third one was... ummm. Better not go into that. I would imagine we've got folks under 16 viewing these forums and it wouldn't be proper etiquette. :D

I'll take a look at this tomorrow while I've got a little time in the morning. Think I'm going to head over to the recliner and get me a nap in before bed. It was a busy day today.
wartimethings
VSTORE.ca Staff Member

Postby StairwayOfLife » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:15 pm

Ermmmm does sound complicated ........have they checked your magnesium levels?

I think maybe you injured your back the same way I broke some ribs. These floors can be damn hard :oops:
Yasmin x

Stairway Of Life
Therapy&Beauty
StairwayOfLife

Postby brewstec » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:21 pm

I can understand the confusion of getting to whats wrong with you when the doctors start talking technical but I must say I've gotten very proficient at what they say and what certain tests and results mean. I've been a diabetic for over 35 years I've had kidney failure for over six years but 5 years ago I received a kidney transplant. I've had open heart surgery and I'm an amputee below the knee.So I can relate in many ways. Take it slow and steady.
brewstec

Postby wartimethings » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:45 pm

Easy on those floors now Yasmin. And the ribs too. :wink:

And Chris, you sound like a friend of mine from across the street. Just recently have we learned that he's had both legs amputated within the past two years. Yet he doesn't complain. He also went in for stomach surgery to remove a cancerous growth but unfortunately he's too far gone. They sewed him up and sent him home. Again, he doesn't complain. My heart goes out to this fellow but I don't want him thinking my wife and I feel sorry for him. We just don't look forward to being without a great friend. It sounds as though you've overcome as many obstacles as he has. They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I have to agree. I now have a higher tolerance for pain and can live through it. I'll keep fighting it til the end.
wartimethings
VSTORE.ca Staff Member

Postby wartimethings » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:00 pm

I've finally been able to take a look at your new site Yasmin. Very impressive. I like the colors. The theme goes very well with your product and business name. It's a soothing color not intended to depress or agitate. The footprints in the background give enough of a pattern so as to add to the website but not take the attention away from the main content. Overall, I give you a 10 out of 10 for this site. :D
wartimethings
VSTORE.ca Staff Member

Postby StairwayOfLife » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:42 am

Awww thank you Dan........that is praise indeed. Glad to know that I am on the right track. Thank you for taking the time to look at it. :P
Yasmin x

Stairway Of Life
Therapy&Beauty
StairwayOfLife

Postby wartimethings » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:43 am

You are quite welcome dear lady. It's the least I can do. You've been a member for quite a while and that means a lot to me. Plus you are a great friend. I'm glad that we've come to know each other. And the praise is honest and true. You have done a fantastic job and deserve a pat on the back. Well, I'd best get ready to go so I can do some things at work today. Did I mention I love my job? :D
wartimethings
VSTORE.ca Staff Member

Previous

Return to Site Design Tips and Tricks