[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Web Store Hosting - VSTORE.ca User Community Support Forum • View topic - Welcome to all Newbies

Welcome to all Newbies

If you are new to VSTORE.ca E-Commerce, we welcome you and hope you enjoy the topics in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Welcome to all Newbies

Postby richard5 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:20 pm

Ok, I am not a newbie, been here for a bit. But my site is basically new, I upgraded from a subdomain to a full domain ( http://www.gastonsecurityproducts.net ) . A word of note to all newbies, unless you have a lot of local traffic or friends most people will not deal with subdomains (unless you own the domain). It took me awhile to get a small customer base with my subdomain so I listened to a good friend of mine and looked into a domain name, which I now have. For some strange stupid reason people are leery of dealing with people with a subdomain, don't know why. Maybe a really dumb reason is they're afraid that you maybe a fly by night operation, not someone who is testing the waters. VStore is a great place to start a business until you get enough capital, when you do, I highly recommend that you think about upgrading to a full domain. I love VStore because of the options they give you as a freebie or premium site owner, most free sites don't allow to much on your page, I even seen one where you can only put one item to sell, and the cost for a premium site with them was really high.
VStore is really more affordable then most sites and they offer great products, as well as great service. These guys are great, and they are really great in helping you out if you have any problems. Thanks guys, you do a wonderful job. :mrgreen:
richard5

Re: Welcome to all Newbies

Postby KPauto » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:06 am

Totally agree with you Richard. I started off with the free verson of vstore when I was starting out. once i started getting sales it didn't take much to cover the cost of the premium version (which is excellent by the way)
http://www.kpautomotive.co.uk - car accesseories, styling, tuning and rally parts
KPauto

Postby brewstec » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:59 am

getting a domain name is extremely cheap. Not having a website that has your domain name or using a free host is for nothing else a good way toactice and maybe get things set up to the way you want it before movin on up. Free sites get little to no recognition from search engines and unless you have a deicated following you won't see many visitors.
brewstec

Postby richard5 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:24 pm

I agree. Or a lot of family members :)
:lol:
richard5

Return to Newbies