[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Web Store Hosting - VSTORE.ca User Community Support Forum • View topic - Order Form Test

Order Form Test

Archive collection of deleted forum topics and posts.

Moderator: Moderators

Order Form Test

Postby jjgifts » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:51 pm

Hi all,

Doing a little Holiday season experiment with additional ways to order online.
Have created a printable order form that I have used locally with catalogs etc
and have now made available online. Will be adding it on all three stores.

http://www.jjgiftsplus.com/pages.php/page/order_form

How does it look and load for everyone? Feedback welcome.
Will start accepting phone and fax orders on or before Nov 1st, (already accept locally).
Have been using PayPal Virtual Terminal to process local credit card orders
and now taking it to the web stores.

John
jjgifts
VSTORE.ca Helper

Postby wartimethings » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:41 pm

Hey John,

The layout looks great. It took it a couple of seconds to load but that's because of the pdf file. Got to have a couple of seconds to bring the software into play.

How's the virtual terminal working out for you? I was going to use that but when PayPal said it was going to be a straight $20 a month plus the fees, I backed out. I am a cheap old codger so feel like the subscription fee is over the top in my book. They are already making a mint off of my orders most times.

Now, with all of the time invested in so many other things, I don't have time to sit at a phone to take orders. Everyone else is too busy as well to take phone orders as well. Don't want to hire anyone since it's hard to trust anyone with credit card numbers nowadays.

Later!

Dan
wartimethings
VSTORE.ca Staff Member

Postby jjgifts » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:19 pm

Hey Dan

Thanks for the check. I should probably put "Please be patient while pdf file loads" on the page or something.
I hear you on the phone orders. Hard to trust others with that kind of info.
I am going to be here a lot so why not. The phone hours will be limited and clearly posted.though.

The terminal is great. It's $30 now plus fees but a lot less hassle than others.
Pays for itself fast just in what I could process over the phone or in a fax locally.
It does open up a new customer base especially on a local level because of the convenience.
I wanted to use Quicken but it does not integrate with our host yet and there was more involvement with set up,
but they have good prices as well. It's easier where you already have a history established with PayPal services.
I'm a little partial towards Quicken because one of my brothers works in programming at Intuit, aka: Quicken.

Thanks
John
jjgifts
VSTORE.ca Helper

Postby flex37 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:30 pm

Great job, it too me the sametime it took Dan to load.

Yes, its a good idea to let your customers know it will take a couple of seconds.
Flex
flex37

Postby wartimethings » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:02 pm

I use Quicken as well but only for accounting purposes. Don't get into all of the online bill pay and all that.

I just enter each transaction manually and check the balances against each other. If one balance shows up bad, then I go back and check against what I might have missed. Believe me... money has gone missing out of my PayPal account before. Only by about around $1.00 worth. However, to call PayPal and complain, they state it must be something on my end since their system is automated.

However, upon sleepless nights, I never found the transgressor. It's like the money just up and walked off. Mysterious huh?

It doesn't happen too often but is has happened like three times in the time I've had an account with PayPal. Never explained. And I'm meticulous on my accounting records. I hate not knowing where money is.

But $30???? My goodness. Is it a gold service?

Guess they've got to get their money somewhere.

Dan
wartimethings
VSTORE.ca Staff Member

Postby brewstec » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:11 pm

Definetly a nice look. I had to reduce the pdf size a little to fit across one page it is set at 112% on my pc maybe its just my settings but the form is great..

Chris
brewstec

Postby waynemcdaniel » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:40 pm

68% for me, so I think it's a computer side setting.
Wayne McDaniel
VSTORE.ca Community Staff
waynemcdaniel
VSTORE.ca Staff Member

Postby jjgifts » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:09 pm

Thanks everyone for the input!

John
jjgifts
VSTORE.ca Helper

Return to Archived Topics