[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Web Store Hosting - VSTORE.ca User Community Support Forum • View topic - Anyone using the affiliate section of their website?

Anyone using the affiliate section of their website?

This section will be devoted to the Affiliate Programs we have to offer in VSTORE.ca. Post about your affiliate program to get others to join up and join other's affiliate program. Get paid for directing customers to someone's website or obtain sales through click-throughs from someone's website. This section will be hosted by Dan (wartimethings).

Moderator: Moderators

Anyone using the affiliate section of their website?

Postby Lvonvon » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:26 pm

I just started an affiliate program for my webstore and wanted to know if anyone out there also has an affilate program for their store and if so does it work properly particularly for a 2 tier program. I can not check to see that it would work correctly for a 2 tier. I do know that it works fine for a 1 tier because I set up an affiliate account with my store to check and see if it worked. Does anyone know if under the configuration section for the affiliate section if the "Individual Affiliate Percentage" suppose to be true or false in order for a 2 tier level affiliate program to work? I have set up the number of tier levels as 2 and the percentage rate for both tiers but since I have no way to see if it works I was just wondering if it has worked for anyone else and if so do I have it set up correctly? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
And if you happen to know someone in need, you could be there blessing.....

http://www.myfasthairgrowth.com
Grow long hair fast - Reverse Hair Loss
Reverse Male Pattern Baldness
Lvonvon

Re: Anyone using the affiliate section of their website?

Postby wartimethings » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:37 pm

Hi,

I've used the affiliate program before but have found that it wasn't worth the time or effort for my business. 98% of my traffic is referred by Google in most cases and a lot of my customers are a shop and go type. Ours may be their favorite website but they really don't have a way to really to tell others because they often times don't maintain websites or pages and their emails are strictly utilitarian in nature.

Yours could be different since you have a more personal affect on your customers. You aren't only providing a tangible product but you are also providing a service in which when your products work, it gives more of a self satisfaction and higher self esteem.

Since it has been a while since I had set mine up, if I remember correctly, you've got to set each level up as you go. This way, first levels can maintain the benefits and provide the foundation for the next level up. Same for the second level as well.

I hope this helps.

Dan
wartimethings
VSTORE.ca Staff Member

Re: Anyone using the affiliate section of their website?

Postby brewstec » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:59 pm

I realize this is an old post but I'm thinking about trying to set up the affiliate program. Are there any vstore sites that have it set up.I'm curious to see it in action before I get involved in doing it. It seems like a good way to spread the word about the site and get more traffic without really doing anything except watch who and how much people are selling give or take.

Chris
brewstec

Return to Affiliate Programs