[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Web Store Hosting - VSTORE.ca User Community Support Forum • View topic - In Reference to Ticket ID: 59408

In Reference to Ticket ID: 59408

A list of outstanding issues and bugs. Please check here before opening a helpdesk ticket.

Moderator: Moderators

In Reference to Ticket ID: 59408

Postby fastmustangparts » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:55 am

Hello,

I submitted a trouble ticket using the help desk almost 2 weeks ago. Below is that info:

Opened By:
fastmustangparts@gmail.com
Opened on:
2009-10-19 06:23:03
Open
Owner:
No Owner

What I am surprised to find out, that I have had no response at all. I have been a Premium member since 2005, have multiple accounts and never any problems like this. So as you can imagine, I am not very happy at all. But I am sure this is an isolated incident.

Please, please contact me about this ticket.

Thank you

Tom
Fast Mustang Parts

Mustang wheels, exhaust, parts & accessories

http://www.fastmustangparts.com

Fast Auto Sports

http://www.fastautosports.com

Fast Stang Parts

http://www.faststangparts.com
fastmustangparts

Re: In Reference to Ticket ID: 59408

Postby wartimethings » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:36 pm

Hi Tom,

We sincerely apologize about this.

Please remember that all of the staff members are volunteers that have outside commitments and with the number of help desk tickets which come in (believe me, there are a ton), the tickets are handled as quickly as possible. It's just hard to try to work with our lives, work, and then squeeze all of the other stuff in there sometimes.

I'll take a look for you my friend and see what we can come up with.

Dan
wartimethings
VSTORE.ca Staff Member

Re: In Reference to Ticket ID: 59408

Postby wartimethings » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:53 pm

Here's what I get out of the ticket.

"I have been trying to adjust my columns (both right and left). I want them both at 180 pixels, but I can't for the life of me get FireFox nor Chrome to show that. But it does appear to show up on IE-8. But I am trying to make my site as cross-browser friendly as possible."

Adjusting the right and left columns can be a tricky thing. We have run across this instance where folks are trying to make them more aesthetic for both the customer and the owner of the website. I've run across this issue myself trying to make it more pleasing on my own websites.

You've probably worked inside the area, Templates>>Templates Options under left and right column width.

However, one thing I've noticed no matter what you have your settings at.... your columns will take on the width of the widest point or item in the column.

Take for instance, if you have an image with a width of 200 pixels which is the widest item, the column will be 200 pixels wide. Also, in the infobox headers. Take for instance your Category header. I believe that text, "Shop By Category" is stretching the width out due to the number of letters, the size, the font, etc. You can adjust this by going to the Stylesheet Editor and working in there to adjust these attributes. In the right column, you could adjust your images up in the Configuration>>Images section to 180 pixels wide. Let that be the largest point. It will take a bit of working in the SE to get that right though to match the right column.

I hope this helps and I do truly apologize for the slow response.

Dan
wartimethings
VSTORE.ca Staff Member

Return to Outstanding Issues and Bugs