[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Web Store Hosting - VSTORE.ca User Community Support Forum • View topic - Google Checkout

Google Checkout

Suggestions and recommendations for improvements to the vSTORE.ca online store creation, management and hosting service.

Moderator: Moderators

Google Checkout

Postby exchange » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:18 pm

I would like to see Google Checkout updated to work with my premium vstore and others that use it. I would like to see it on the regular vstore checkout link instead of the customer having to back up and find the Google checkout link. I would also like it to update orders in vstore and not just in Google checkout. I assume this can be done through the oscommerce updates and I found a link on Google checkout under tools in my account where Google can help with this issue in getting it working with the store under tools > integration (it was with a list of existing carts that Google works with like eCrater (which is a site I use and it works perfectly on that site updating the site and Google no matter which end I update my information on). Under the existing cart is has a link beside where it says "carts not listed - integrate via the Google Check API". I don't know a lot about how these things work and how you integrate and all that, but I am sure someone on the tech team can figure this out.
Christie Sharp
CollectibleXchange
http://www.collectiblexchange.net
exchange

Re: Google Checkout

Postby brewstec » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:58 pm

Hi Christie,

I've been using Vstore for a few years now I think. I can assure you the people running vstore are well aware of google checkout and the integration. As far as you doing anything it can't be done on an individual level access to the entire vstore directories etc have to be changed and so on.And I know it all sounds really easy and many conversations have taken place in this forum about all the changes that many of us would love and I would think they are working to get vstore a bit more up to date. I have seen and responded to several of your topic questions but I gotta tell ya your main concern seems to be google checkout and if thats all the issues you need help with I really wish I was standing in your shoes. I do realize its important but constantly writing about it isn't getting it done any faster. follow up every few days and you've already talked to support. I ftheres a fix you'll get it.
brewstec

Postby exchange » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:54 pm

brewstec wrote:Hi Christie,

I've been using Vstore for a few years now I think. I can assure you the people running vstore are well aware of google checkout and the integration. As far as you doing anything it can't be done on an individual level access to the entire vstore directories etc have to be changed and so on.And I know it all sounds really easy and many conversations have taken place in this forum about all the changes that many of us would love and I would think they are working to get vstore a bit more up to date. I have seen and responded to several of your topic questions but I gotta tell ya your main concern seems to be google checkout and if thats all the issues you need help with I really wish I was standing in your shoes. I do realize its important but constantly writing about it isn't getting it done any faster. follow up every few days and you've already talked to support. I ftheres a fix you'll get it.

Thank you for responding to my posts. I was just looking around the forums and they had places for suggestions and stuff like that so I wanted to make my issues were aware of in those places and I have been studying google and oscommerce for updates, etc. and just trying to make someone aware of things that can be done as I know I cannot do them myself it has to be the programmer of the site - it just really freaks me out every time I open a page and it shows me the last update was in 2005 and I wonder when updates have been done with the multiple things I am having problems with which I have not even wrote about and just trying to work around. Don't mean to be a pain about it with my posts, but I do use other free and pay sites that use Google checkout as a payment option and I have no problems on them and they are not even as detailed as this site seems to be. They work with the stores regular checkout and it updates the orders in my store which vstore does neither meaning my google checkout does not show in the regular checkout the customer has to use the google checkout link which is before the regular vstore checkout and when paying through this it does not update my orders in vstore so the vstore wording during the checkout telling them they can get updates on their orders when signing up with an account is not going to work for them since they will be checking out through google checkout..

My other posts are about the payment modules which was the vstore staffer that told me to post about that and other issues on the forums for other help from store owners as they were not sure if all the payment options mentioned in the list on vstore would work. They suggested I find out from other store owners if they have used any of the others before trying to set it up so we meaning me and the support guy that has been helping me don't have to go through days of stuff to find out it does not work (he would rather know if it works first before helping me setup another merchant and he could not tell me if they worked or not). Plus I don't want to pay for something and find out it does not work with vstore. I thought all payment options mentioned were available and tested to work on vstore, but according to the vstore staff guy I have been private messaging with that does not seem to be the case and he said that someone would be going through them and noting which ones work with vstore and which ones do not, but there is no telling when that will be. I hope soon, but until then all I have is to write on these boards and hope someone has had success in using one of these so I know if I should bother purchasing one. I really don't like posting on here ,but the vstore staff guy could not tell me if any of these payment modules would work or not.

I kept posting as well thinking someone would see me and maybe I have been missed that was until I looked at how many members are on the board and it was only over 300 members which made me even more leary wondering how many stores are actually successful using vstore. I don't know if 300+ members are just forum users and maybe there are thousands of stores out there through the site, but seeing that 300+ members worried me even more if I chose the right site to build my store on.

Anyway thank you for your help and sorry to bother anyone. You have been some help to me like with the define language thing which did help me with a couple of things (like adding wording between the vstore checkout link and the google checkout link hoping customers would see that and click on the google checkout link and not the vstore one). Don't feel you have to answer all of my questions which it is kind of you that you have been. I am just making suggestions on the suggestion pages and posting my comment to get some help on those payment modules which is the main thing I want to know right now and hopefully through the define language page I can get the google checkout image or checkout link on the vstore checkout page beside my check or money order option. There has got to be a way for me to manually add it there through the define language thing, but I have yet to find it unfortunately and maybe I just can't.

Sorry for the long message. I just hate paying for something and not being able to get it to work right especially since I have had an account for a couple of years and lost many customers that could not finish the checkout and bailed on their orders. I quit working on my vstore a long time ago because of this but decided to order the premium version before I was ready and give it a try and I fear my 20 days trial to decide if I want to keep it or not is going to run out before I figure out if several things are going to work or not to make my final decision. My main urk is seeing the date 2005 on a lot of things and seeing they have not been updated since then and that a vstore staffer does not even know if the payment modules will work or not.

Anyway I will give it a few days before posting again like you suggested and see if someone answers my payment modules question and if not I will try again.
Christie Sharp
CollectibleXchange
exchange

Postby wartimethings » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:06 pm

Hi Christie,

Chris is a valuable asset to our community and very helpful. I'll bring up the Google Checkout issue in the next meeting and lay it on the table. I'll then report back on the forums what we may possibly do regarding checkout.

Thanks.

Dan
wartimethings
VSTORE.ca Staff Member

Postby exchange » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:16 pm

wartimethings wrote:Hi Christie,

Chris is a valuable asset to our community and very helpful. I'll bring up the Google Checkout issue in the next meeting and lay it on the table. I'll then report back on the forums what we may possibly do regarding checkout.

Thanks.

Dan

If Chris is the guy that has been answering some of my posts then yes he has been helpful in some areas for me. Also thank you for bringing up the Google Checkout issue at the next meeting. I will watch for your report to the forums. Will that be here or should I be watching a specific part of the forums for the feedback on Google Checkout?
Christie Sharp
CollectibleXchange
exchange

Postby brewstec » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:17 pm

Hi Dan, haven't seen you around lately but thats on me. Hope all is well. As you well know so many suggestions so little time. I would love to see a few updates as well as I think many would.I also understand you can't flip a switch and presto.looking forward to hear back on whats going on.
Be Well
chris
brewstec

Postby wartimethings » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:23 pm

We are hoping to do a little presto chango. lol. Chris is the one who has been helping you Christie. Watch for the updates under the announcement section. Usually when something has been decided, we post it there.

I'm afraid that I've been away from the forums a little bit too much. That's the price I pay for my brick and mortar store. I've been revamping that and trying to get it ready to really go online. Along those lines, I've got a store reset coming soon too. Not to mention a whole new look so I tend to get in knee deep.

On another note, think I'll be announcing something new within the next couple of days in the Announcement section. I see it as a step forward and hope to have great response out of it.

Later!

Dan
wartimethings
VSTORE.ca Staff Member

Postby exchange » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:59 am

wartimethings wrote:We are hoping to do a little presto chango. lol. Chris is the one who has been helping you Christie. Watch for the updates under the announcement section. Usually when something has been decided, we post it there.

I'm afraid that I've been away from the forums a little bit too much. That's the price I pay for my brick and mortar store. I've been revamping that and trying to get it ready to really go online. Along those lines, I've got a store reset coming soon too. Not to mention a whole new look so I tend to get in knee deep.

On another note, think I'll be announcing something new within the next couple of days in the Announcement section. I see it as a step forward and hope to have great response out of it.

Later!

Dan

Hi it is me again. I have been watching and have not seen any updates about the Google Checkout and what if anything is going to be done with it. I did not even know when your next meeting was or how often you all have them, etc. Has this issue been brought up yet or have you not had the meeting yet? If you have had the meeting AND it was brought up about the Google Checkout can you let me know what the word is on if it is going to be worked on, etc.?

Also if nothing is going to be done with it or if it is going to be some time before anything is done with it can anyone tell me what payment modules are compatible with vstore because apparently the guy that has been helping me through private messaging that is a vstore staffer (I guess you call youselves) said that you all have no way of knowing which ones work with vstore and which ones do not and that someone would be testing them and putting a note beside the ones that are compatible, but could not tell me when that will be. I have posted a message on the forums with the three or four that I am interested in asking other store owners if they use them and their luck with them, but no one has answered. I do not want to use PayPal. I do not like that so that is not an option for me. I want to use Google Checkout. Also I do not want to use Alert Pay and those other ones that most people have never heard of.

If I have to get a merchant account to use while waiting for something to do about Google Checkout or if Google Checkout is fixed I planned on eventually signing up for one for the use of a virtual terminal for phone sales. The payment models I have been trying to get an answer on if they are compatible with vstore or not is 1( linkpoint connect, 2) merchant anywhere and 3) authorize.net, but only if the code works with vstore to use navigate.
Christie Sharp
CollectibleXchange
exchange

Return to Feedback