[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Web Store Hosting - VSTORE.ca User Community Support Forum • View topic - How to add an announcement scroll box?

How to add an announcement scroll box?

Share you HTML, javascript, RSS and other client side store development tips and other useful information.

Moderator: Moderators

How to add an announcement scroll box?

Postby Lvonvon » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:41 pm

Does anyone know how or what code I use to add an announcement scroll box or something similar like the one at: www.autismlink.com. I want to add one to my front page. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
And if you happen to know someone in need, you could be there blessing.....

http://www.myfasthairgrowth.com
Grow long hair fast - Reverse Hair Loss
Reverse Male Pattern Baldness
Lvonvon

Re: How to add an announcement scroll box?

Postby Lvonvon » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:20 pm

I figured it out how to put a javascript announcement scroll box on my front page. Check it out at www.myfasthairgrowth.com. If anyone is interested in installing one on their page, let me know and I will send you the script.

Lvonvon

Postby wartimethings » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:43 pm

Hi,

I notice that when you first enter the page, the text is hanging around below the box until the page loads completely.

It may not be showing that way for everyone, but if you'd like, I can make you a .swf file with this scrolling text in it and you wouldn't have the provided by link on the box to take folks away from your website.

All you'd have to do is make sure that you are using the fck editor so that you can upload flash files. Then upload the flash file using the flash button on the editor the same way you would images.

Let me know and I can zap that up for you.

Dan
wartimethings
VSTORE.ca Staff Member

Postby Lvonvon » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:34 am

Yes Dan that would be great. I am not familiar with the fck editor. Where is that located in the administrative section?

Lvonvon

Postby Lvonvon » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:42 am

Nevermind that quesion Dan, I have been using FCK editor all the time and just didn't know it. I would like the swf file at your earliest convenience, thanks, Lavonda.

Lvonvon

Postby wartimethings » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:51 am

Hey Lavonda,

Please pm me with your email addie so I'll be able to send it over. I'll have it done and waiting for you when you are ready.

Thanks,

Dan
wartimethings
VSTORE.ca Staff Member

Return to HTML and Javascript tips and techniques